Why Beyonce Skip of Met Gala 2018 ? Lets Throwback Her Fashion
- Beyonce was on May 5, 2008, Met Gala 2015 in an almost-boring light pink strapless Armani Prive gown. Look so gregous because that year’s theme was Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy.
- Met Gala 2011, happily in an Emilio Pucci dress more fitting her stature for Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty. And speaking of fitting her stature, the fishtail on her meticulously embroidered gown was so fitted, she needed Jay-Z and stylist Ty Hunter’s help getting up the stairs.
- In 2012, for Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, Beyonce trotted out what would become two of her Met Gala signatures: A late arrival and a lot of skin. She did both, not deciding to go until the 11th hour and when she did, it was in a striking Givenchy Haute Couture number that gave new meaning to the term “rear view.” When she ascended the stairs this year, any lucky stragglers got an eyeful of her perfect butt and had to keep their distance thanks to the train of blue feathers.
- Beyonce will be at the Met Gala. Wouldn’t miss it for the world! Givenchy ensemble was again one of the most talked-about looks of the night, the grommet-studded belt a smart little nod to the 2013 theme, Punk: Chaos to Couture, and the gloves and thigh-high boots a welcome nod to badass women everywhere. It was all so simple then.
- Once again Met Gala 2014, they were the last couple of note to arrive, Beyonce and Jay Z so they had the spotlight to themselves, Beyonce looking like the most glamorous you ever did see in another strategically sheer Givenchy creation, this one with matching headpiece.
- Bey told Jay, “I love you deep,” during her Grammys acceptance speech for Best R&B Performance for “Drunk in Love,” featuring her husband, in 2015. But three months later, it was time for the Met Gala again. Yes Met Gala 2015 and the couple famous of later late. After 11pm they arrive. News was first to report that Beyonce would indeed be attending. And yet, the carpet began, the celebs began filing by and even as the ball was about to begin. No Beyonce!
- Givenchy had once again done the honors, this time a sequined, nearly nude look that left nothing to the imagination, least of which being the platinum-selling artist’s command of her own message. Beyonce look’s classy and fabolous in Met Gala 2016. Beyonce has accepted her place in the world as an unequivocal superstar, but she insists on controlling the narrative. There’s nothing that anyone can say at this point to keep her off, or compel her to, the carpet that she has owned for the past five years.
Beyonce started attending the Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art just like anybody else from 2008. Beyonce showed up, she took pictures, she partied, she went home. Well, not just like anybody else. She’s Beyonce after all.